Wednesday 8 June 2016

I finished it... ~ Book Log & minor life information ~

After at least 2 years with the Rick Riordon Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books, I have finished the series... I should start off by saying if your not interested in reading reviews of books, dont read this... and also its going to seem all over the place as im explaining my favourite parts of said series... back to the scheduled viewing.

I don't even know what to say, or to put into words how emotional and exciting and warming the whole series is.

I started reading the percy jackson series when it first came out, as i noticed it was wrote upon my favourite mythology, greek, not only that but it was a YA book, and everybody knows a YA book is so worth it 100%, its a guilty pleasure. So as i was saying, i picked up the first one and started reading it not realising how good it was until i re-read it a couple of years later, i lost my copy, so borrowed a friend of mines copy, and she had a couple of the next ones... i read them in atleast 3 weeks, 3 books in 3 weeks... i was obsessed, i had to buy my own set. Eventually i gave my friends copy back and bought my own Percy Jackson set, and re-read the books a third time just to get myself into the jist of it. As i came to the last book, my heart was out of my chest there was so many different types of cliffhangers, and heartache and parent-child relationship problems, and a massive amount of mythology, i felt my brain was going to explode! but allas i got to the last book, and had no more to read, i wanted more, i bought 3 textbooks of greek mythology afterwards and spent 2 months studying it (again, from being a kid) and studying it until i, myself, thought of moving to greece just to learn more and worship those gods, im not even religious! i believe more in the greek mythology and gods than i ever have done my own religion. They brought out the PJ films, and even though i do enjoy watching them, they aren't quite the books, they dont give the information needed, but they did slightly include thalia, although she was a tree at the time, and at the end of Sea of Monsters, she came back.. cliff-hanger in the film yet they haven't made another one??? annoying. Trust me folks, read the books!!!!!

As soon as i heard that Rick Riordon was writing another series of the Percy Jackson world, named Heroes of Olympus, at first i was skeptical as i was worried that it wasnt going to be the mythology i enjoyed, alas i bought the first two books read them wasnt interested in them until a couple of years later, and i was again obsessed with the series, the fact that it had a bunch of new characters in it, and the fact that they included the Roman sides of the gods, and thus their demi-god children, Jason, the son of Jupiter (Zeus' roman form) and is originally from Camp Jupiter, a very Roman version of Camp Half-Blood, Piper (soon found to be daughter of Aphrodite, completely different to other Aphrodite kids), and Leo (son of Hespheastus, found the hidden camp 9, with Festus, his bronze dragon), Hazel (a daughter of Pluto, Hades Roman form, died in the past, and brought back to the present by brother Nico), and Frank (son of Mars, Ares Roman form, and can also turn into animals, and is also half canadian half chinese, a brilliant character) what a great concept! I was so excited on where he took it, and thats when i met my favourite character of the series.. Leo Valdez, what an absolute babe, he was my favourite out of the HoO series, along with Nico Di Angelo. I wasn't a fan of Nico in the PJ series, he was extremely problematic, and i felt as though he wasn't explained enough, but in HoO he was included a lot more he was definitely an important character, and Rick Riordon introduced him half way through the series as gay, or bisexual, or confused.. I think definitely gay though, Cupid forced him to speak about his secret, his crush on Percy (HOW CUTE B T W ?) and how Percy broke him by promising to keep his sister, Bianca, alive by puttin her into the Hunters of Artemis, alas Bianca was killed, and Nico hated Percy for it, although he loved him alongside that, when Percy got with Annabeth, Nico was jealous, had a problem and throughout the HoO series there was that speculative problem (up until the Cupid encounter, when Jason found out) that he was in love with Percy, in the last book he confronts percy with this secret hes been keeping and walks away saying 'youre not my type', to a could be lover Will Solace, son of Apollo, again there was some serious dialogue and hints between them in the last moments of the battle... So Rick Riordon made a character i wasn't pleased about, to a character i loved, to even more loved by then continuing to describe him as a gay character! what a writer. Anyway moving on from that (i get distracted when talking about my favourite characters im sorry). The last book ended (before the last chapter) of Leo going up on Festus and destroying Gaia, whilst a comet mix of Octavian, explosive and Imperial Gold also hit the dragon, the earth mother, and my favourite character. I was devestated, both Nico and Hazel (who can sense death, i mean their dad is hades, theyve both been to the underworld... come on) agreed and put forward that Leo was dead, it was a different death as nico explained, but he was dead... The last chapter showed that Leo was dead, came back to life with the Physicians cure from Apollo and his Son, and was on his way to Calypso, like he promised. How romantic...

Another favourite part, maybe not for the characters but when Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus, what an explanation of the worst place in mythology, the gods and titans and monsters they found there, the pain and sorrow they went through, and the fact that they met Tartarus face to face, the explanation of the whole scene, the chapters that are wrote about their times in tartarus, the imagination it created in my mind, i wish my art was as good as it used to be, i would have drawn it, or would i even be able to. It was intense.

Both series are amazing, but i have to say after finishing HoO, it is by far my favourite series, the different types of characters with their different parents, the Greek/Roman gods fighting with eachothers sides, the insanity Gaia caused in some minor gods, and everyone else. It really brought up some different stories of the mythology i fell in love with, and stories and minor gods id never heard of before that i soon searched up to read about.


Well i apologise that after so long of NOT writing a blog, i wrote one completely out of the blue about a book series, but i feel as though this is what ill do with this blog now, there isn't anything interesting going on in my life at the moment but in this brief moment i have out of 'book lover mode'.

I finished college, my crminology course of 3 years is sadly over, and hopefully if i get the grade i need to, i will be taking it to University this september, my doctors (heart) have said that after 11 years, i can be on an appointments basis by only needing to see a doc when i need to, meaning that they trust my medicines and me enough by letting me live my life, basically given me permission on a golden platter that im atleast at my healthiest, but unfortunately technology isnt ready for me yet... Meanwhile being on a SlimFast diet for 2 weeks (upto my docs appointment) and walking a mile every morning, i lost a stone, for the first time in 3 years, ive gotten out of the 16 stone bracket, and now nearly in the 14 stone bracket if i keep working hard enough, which im pretty darn happy about, 2 good news in one day. Nothing else has happened recently, getting stuff ready for my brother Ciaran and his fiancé Aislings wedding, on the 2nd of July, their stag and hen dos are in the next couple of weekends, so thats going to be super fun, other than that nothing major has happened, nothing i can explain deeply enough for it to be interesting.


For people who are obsessed with books, i hope you enjoy this confusing and all-over-the-place review of the series i have finished, my next book is The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy, and i will be writing reviews of every book i read now. I have plenty to get through i tell you that.

To everyone else reading this hoping there was something interesting to find out about my life, nope, i apologise, nothing new here, but i hope you enjoyed the review to(soz).


STAY RAD HOMOSAPIENS. \m/
mkm

No comments:

Post a Comment