Tuesday 19 August 2014

Chapter 2 | Fanfiction of American McGee's 'Alice Madness Returns' \m/



Chapter 2 – The Fire

My house was beautiful, it was big enough for the four of us and our beloved cat Dinah. It was a two-story building with enough space for an attic. The front door was pure white, with no marks, and wooden with a large four-piece decorated panel. I never paid attention to detail on the way the front door was, but after a lot of visions of my old house, I realised it appeared to have a stone/brick base with a wooden deck. The second floor where all of the bedrooms were, were panelled with white, while the roof was a browny/black colour with several spikes at several edges. My door and Lizzie’s door was a lot different to my Mothers and Fathers, as they had balcony doors inside the house. Another thing I remember distinctively is that every lock for every door was different, and every key was a different shape or made of different material, I don’t know why my parents would have done that. 

You are probably wondering why im talking about my house in the past tense, when I was a very young girl, after all the visions and dreams were long gone and forgotten about. I must have been about 6 or 7, and to this day I still cannot remember what fully happened, all I know is that my 18 year old sister’s room was locked, my parents rooms were locked, and the house was on fire. Everywhere flames, it seemed to have happened in the matter of minutes during the night, everything was red, and orange and too bright of a colour for me to see. My room was the only one unlocked, and I tried to open my parent’s door, but it just wouldn’t budge. Lizzie’s room was the first to go up into a raging inferno and to this day I still don’t understand why, she was the furthest away from any fire hazard, and it spread from her door outwards. Lizzie NEVER locked her door, I remember one day she had an argument with my mother over having a lock on her door, whilst at the time my mother was quite surprised she still wouldn’t give into Lizzie in taking it off, she thought it would have been a good idea if someone ‘broke in’ but said it in a way that she knew something would happen. This is one of the reasons why I cant remember what fully happened because so many different newspaper stories and so many different lawyers and councillors told me different scientific facts that I didn’t even care about. All I know is that deep in the darkness of ash and this magnificent broken down building, I could still hear my parents screams, but in some strange way can never remember hearing Lizzie at all. Dinah, my wonderful black cat helped me break free of the house, its as if she already planned an escape route. I didn’t want to leave, my family were dying but for some reason something told me to leave, that memories were important pieces of the past, and that it was part of my ‘prophecy’ of some sort to survive from this.

‘No response still Dr, third degree burns, blind, deaf and dumb’ 

‘How could she have survived such a tragic fire? All of her family is dead’

‘This is going to take a while’

‘Why wont she let go of that rabbit? Its in tatters!’

‘Alice… Alice if you hear me you are in Littlemore Infirmary, you are very badly burnt and you will be here until you are healed fully, were sorry Alice. Unfortunately, you and your cat Dinah were the only ones to survive the fire. We will try give you the best support we can, just stay strong’

No comments:

Post a Comment