Tuesday 19 August 2014

Chapter 3 | Fanfiction of American McGee's 'Alice Madness Returns' \m/



Chapter 3 – Littlemore Infirmary

Oh what great words from my beloved Doctor at the hospital I was taken too, of what I can remember my diagnosis was that I fell into ‘catatonic state’ and the reason of the fire was apparently because Dinah knocked over a lit oil lamp. But as I said earlier, no fire hazard was lit? And there were definitely no oil lamps near Lizzie’s room, so I don’t quite understand how they came to that conclusion.

I was at Littlemore Infirmary for about a year, whilst my third degree burns were being healed, and even though I was irresponsive with the nurses and doctors, I still was very thankful for everything they had done for me. When the skins on my hands were healed I could feel the rest of my body, and although they were brittle as carps scales, I was feeling them in some happy way because I survived the flames of my own home. Once I realised I thought this, I remembered that Mother and Father were dead, and Lizzie was gone, and my whole family home and memories were burnt away in the darkness of my mind. 

Everything was too bright for me to concentrate on the room, my head was spinning from all the meds they have given me. Even though I still couldn’t move, my eyes were healed but not enough for me to see clearly. I remember one of the nurses who was surrounding me whilst I was covered in bandages, and she said that I was blind? Well I wasn’t, so she was lying, i couldn’t see exactly clearly, but i could still see, maybe id have to wear glasses for the rest of my life I couldn’t care at least I was still alive. 

The room was a bright blue colour, but I suppose it seemed brighter because I haven’t had my eyes open in a while. As I was only 7 I was in the Children’s Infirmary part, which was well known for its brightly painted walls, with different animals and types of fish painted all over them. For some reason my room didn’t have any animals or fish in them. Maybe it was because I was in the burns unit and they just thought ‘oh they’re unconscious they don’t need to see any animals’. I was very nicely treated by my doctor especially, he took a liking to me due to my determination to feel better about myself, and to try and heal quicker. But for third degree burns it was obviously going to take a while before I was fully healed enough, plus I had to ‘learn’ how to walk again, as such. 

Spending a year at an Infirmary whilst the rest of your family is dead is quite hard, especially when no one has even bothered to visit. As far as I know I do have other relatives such as my Grandparents on my Father’s side whom are still alive. I have lots of cousins which I know are obviously still alive, and I also have aunties and uncles who are alive too… yet no one seemed to visit me.

As far as I know my grandparents have talked to the doctors about ‘how long I have left’ as both of them pretty much were positive that I was going to die, they already had a coffin picked out for me. Which I suppose means they did care in a harsh certain way, they also asked about my parents and sister which I happened to be awake for.

‘Do you know what caused the fire Doctor?’

‘As far as we know, our conclusion to it is the cat Dinah, knocked over a lit lamp near dear Elizabeth’s room, unfortunately there was no way we could have saved Lizzie as she was the first room to become in taken with flames’

‘What about our son and daughter-in-law?’
 
‘I’m sorry Mrs Liddell, there was no way we could have saved them’

‘Why did she have to live, why couldn’t it have been my son?!’

Oh that’s great grandma thanks for that, she hated me. Ever since I started having these ‘daydreams’ she thought I was part of a ‘clan’ of witchcraft, and she thought I was possessed and that’s what caused me to have these ‘dreams’. But she’s obviously wrong because I’m clearly not a witch. She didn’t even come in to see how I was doing, nor did she leave anything like flowers. 

‘Her mind is still frazzled by the fire, whether her body is healed or not. She was in a catatonic state she needs to be sent to Rutledge’

No comments:

Post a Comment