Thursday 26 June 2014

6 days till bristol | what happened at pre-op! \m/

Soooooo hey guys

I went for my pre op today as you guys know, nothing interesting happened just the normal tests such as ECG, echo and height and weight! All's good! also had a wee chat with the doctor about whats going to happen and stuff and having a chat about how im feeling towards it, im stopping my tablets tomorrow which will probably have an effect on alot of things such as going out for walks and stuff the next couple of days but hey ho all part and parcel of what i have to deal with!!

I do enjoy going to bristol, the people there are so nice and they really have a welcoming personality and are absolutely great with the kids there!!

The thing that upsets me is seeing all the kids going through things they dont understand, when im old enough to understand it all! in all my time going to Bristol there have been babies as young as 4 months old in their with pace makers or hooked up to machines, and in a way i feel a bit better because i can deal with the pain and i know whats happening to me, when those babies have no idea!

The thing i love as well, is that the kids have so much life in them no matter what they are going through, they are still giggling running about and getting into trouble, the thing i hate is seeing the parents so tired and run down by what theyre going through. I just wanted to hug most of the mums today with the young kids, but obviously that isnt acceptable lol.. My mums alot like them in a way but because im older she has to act strong for me to be okay, i appreciate my mum alot for how much shes gone through with me and i know i can be a pain in the arse with it all but i know shell always have my back!

I met this nice spanish lady today who did my ECG, and she was hilarious!! for some reason i couldnt relax for the machine to take my ECG properly, and i felt majorly bad because i kept tensing up, i couldnt help it i just dont do well sitting still or not talking lol! we eventually got there though whilst i was being distracted by bright colours of the drawings on the wall...

I enjoy going in because in the clinic it feels like a community and ever patient that walks in you know their story just by looking at them, and the hurt you see graved into their face, but everyone seems to be on good form especially with the hilarious nurses! its the same on the ward, another kids helper nurse called Michelle asked if i wanted to take a tour of the ward today, and i was like no its okay i could probably do the tour myself, she definitely understood what i meant lol!

I have a girl younger than me going in before me on wednesday, and she seemed okay but scatty/happy to try and keep her mind off it, i completely understood how she felt, didnt want to get myself involved though as itll be the same day as me, and i didnt want to scare or belittle her, she was alot younger than me maybe 14, but she seemed lovely! and i hope she is okay during the operation!

Like i said i do love going into the hospital, its the operation i hate, i mean i dont mind it actually, its over pretty quickly although it would of been a long time.. i hate the going under, i hate the aneasthetic, its just awful the though that you may not even wake up. i know its horrible to think that way but when your going through something as serious as heart or major organ operation you think that way.

BUT HEY HO! im enjoying life right now :) and its the same operation as every other last time (2007,2011,2012,2013 and now..... 2014!!!) so i shouldnt worry too much!!

Anyway! SO many people read my blog yesterday! glad people are interested... i also have a page on facebook Megan kate Blogger! FB <<< if people could like it! and maybe message or post things theyd want me to write about! in the next couple of hours ill be answering some questions that people have put on tumblr, just to pass the time lol!! 

Hope everybody is GOOOOOD:) MK xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment